Issued March 16, 2020 at 1:45 PM
WSMGMA Annual Conference Cancelation Announcement and next steps
The WSMGMA Board of Directors has determined it impossible to hold our Annual Conference given the current government bans, burden and stresses being placed on the healthcare system and workers at this critical time.
The Annual Conference was scheduled for April 26-28 at the Skamania Lodge.
The wellness of our members, partners and supporters as well as the patients represented by our member organizations is first and foremost to us.
Conference Registration Fees
- All attendee registrations will be automatically cancelled and all fees will be refunded via original payment form used, within the next 60 days.
- Payment via credit card:
- Credit card refunds will be applied back to original card used for payment
- After you receive an email your refund has been processed, your refund should appear on your statement in 7-10 business days.
- Payment via check:
- Refund in the form of check made out to the original issuer will be cut and mailed within 60 business days
- Contact email@example.com if you do not receive your refund within these timeframes.
- Payment via credit card:
Hotel Room Reservations at the Skamania Lodge
- If you booked a reservation at the Skamania Lodge inside of the WSMGMA room block, your hotel reservation will be AUTOMATICALLY CANCELLED by Skamania Lodge. You do not need to call or email the hotel to request a refund.
- Deposits made for your room reservation will be refunded in full and applied back to the original credit card used for payment
- Your refund should appear on your statement in 7-10 business days
- Contact Skamania Lodge directly at (509) 314-4177 if you do not receive your room reservation refund within this timeframe.
- If you booked outside of the WSMGMA room block or with a third-party reservation company (Kayak, Travelocity, Reservations.com, etc.) you are responsible to cancel your room reservation and may be subject to the third party's cancelation terms.
Education and Resources for WSMGMA members at this critical time
If you have not been participating in the WSMGMA member listserv, we encourage you to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be re-added. The amount of information sharing and encouragement happening on the listserv right now is heartwarming. It has become an incredible resource as we all try to navigate this together. The WSMGMA Education Committee is also exploring options to provide education and resources to our members virtually/electronically in the coming months. Watch for more updates and announcements.
Exhibitors and Sponsors - Please consider other ways to support WSMGMA and our members at this critical time
We encourage those of you who are not WSMGMA Vendor Affiliate Members to consider joining in lieu of exhibiting at the Annual Conference. There are still ways to keep a pulse on the WSMGMA member community and make connections. The WSMGMA Education Committee is exploring options to provide education and resources to our members virtually in the coming months. Please watch for our communication and consider supporting our efforts this year.
We appreciate your patience, support and understanding.
Issued March 6, 2020 at 12:00 PM
WSMGMA Annual Conference (April 26-28) and COVID-19 Update:
The wellness of our members and supporters as well as the patients represented by our member organizations is first and foremost to us. We do not take lightly the concerns COVID-19 presents in regarding to the disproportionate risk to the healthcare system given the unique medical profile of WSMGMA members and the consequences of potentially displacing healthcare workers during a critical time.
WSMGMA is monitoring COVID-19 in our state and following current reports from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to determine the impact new developments may have on our Annual Conference planned for April 26-28.
At this time, WSMGMA is continuing with the Annual Conference as planned. No changes have been made to the published agenda or conference format. However, the planning committee is evaluating alternative options in the event the COVID-19 outbreak continues to worsen. If any changes to the Annual Conference are made, it will be immediately communicated to our members, attendees and exhibitors.
We encourage our members to remain optimistic, to proceed with registering and planning for the Annual Conference as normal, while keeping the following in mind:
- If flying to the conference, wait until early April to book your flight or consider purchasing trip insurance or flexible travel options.
- See the latest from Alaska Airlines.
- See the latest from Southwest Airlines.
- Make sure you book at the Skamania Lodge as soon as possible to ensure you get a room. As long as you cancel your reservation up to 6 days before your stay, you can receive a full refund.
- To date WSMGMA published registration cancelation policies are still in effect. However, WSMGMA is aware we may need to modify the cancelation policies based on how COVID-19 plays out in our state over the next few weeks.
As of today, there have been no conference registration cancellations due to COVID-19. In fact, registration for both attendees and exhibitors has been trending very strong. This week, WSMGMA even added more hotel rooms to our discounted room block at Skamania Lodge to ensure we are able to accommodate everyone.
Thank you to all our members who are monitoring the situation, working the front lines and making the best decisions for your staff and patients. WSMGMA promises to provide updated communication about the WSMGMA Annual Conference should it be deemed necessary to make any changes in the near future.
We’re here to help and are available for you with any questions/concerns.
email@example.com | (678) 523-5915